Website The Grove Inn & Suites
JOB TITLE: NIGHT AUDITOR
DEPARTMENT: FRONT OFFICE
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
ISSUE DATE: May 14, 2020
PURPOSE AND PERFORMANCE GOALS
Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responsible for the total desk operation. Serves as the Manager on Duty during the hours of 11pm and 7am, keeping the Director of Rooms and the Front Desk Manager informed of any guest complaints or situations that need immediate attention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Check in/out guests.
· Post charges and payments to guest accounts.
· Handle AYS duties.
· Reconcile all guest service agents’ paperwork.
· Print and resolve rate discrepancies.
· Reconcile credit card totals to batch report and submit to credit card processor.
· Post room & tax.
· Print departing folios and distribute to guest rooms.
· Reconcile and balance all gift shop paperwork.
· Complete the spreadsheet for banquet event orders and post.
· Run close day on computer system and run back up.
· Separate night audit reports for accounting and management.
· Process all guest mail, messages and faxes by receiving, sorting notifying and distributing to mailboxes and to guests in order to ensure the information is received in a timely manner.
· Maintains the front desk log book to enhance the department communication, and communicates any problems to the next shift coming in and the supervisor.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – Not applicable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school Diploma or GED. Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word helpful. Front desk experience helpful.
Must be able to communicate clearly with guests, customers, supervisors, and fellow employees.
Must be able to calculate amounts and apply basic addition, subtraction and multiplication.
Must be able to analyze routine data to make appropriate judgments regarding the process of guests checking in/out of the hotel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS – Not applicable
Practice written safety standards and rules at all times. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Use of hands, fingers, and arms is required. Job frequently requires standing, walking, bending, and crouching.
Due to the business demands of the hospitality industry, and the fact that the hotel provides guest services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, any employee may be required to work rotating shifts, including weekends, night shifts, and/or overtime. Also, depending on business demands, hours may be reduced at any time.
To apply for this job please visit thegroveinnandsuites.com.