Website The Grove Inn & Suites
PURPOSE AND PERFORMANCE GOALS
Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquires regarding reservations, hotel information, directions, local attractions, and guest concerns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using computerized methods to ensure guest satisfaction in the rooms requested.
- Perform guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and ensure accuracy on the folio. Correct any problems that may have been added to the folio to ensure a satisfied guest at check-out.
- Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
- Answers inquires and accepts reservations, both in person and by telephone, by communicating hotel rates and information by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintains good customer relations by answering questions and taking care of customer concerns in a timely and knowledgeable manner, in person and on the phone.
- Operates the telephone equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting in-house calls to get to the correct department in a timely manner, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and setting trace requests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for transactions during the shift.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs the shift check list to ensure accuracy of all aspects of the shift.
- Process all guest mail, messages and faxes by receiving, sorting notifying and distributing to mailboxes and to guests in order to ensure the information is received in a timely manner.
- Maintains the front desk log book to enhance the department communication, and communicates any problems to the next shift coming in and the supervisor.
- Serves as a cashier and attendant for gift shop as needed
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – Not applicable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full Job Description Here: Front_Desk_Clerk-Grove Inn and Suites
Apply in person: The Grove Inn & Suites, 711 S. Commercial Ave, Eagle Grove, IA 50533
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com